Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blogs to follow

After searching for some good blogs to follow, I discovered there are really lots of good materials on the internet. Here are a few that I found particularly helpful.

http://historyiselementary.blogspot.com/2010/09/wordless-two.html
The above site has fun history facts, and stories. It also has good information about how to prepare for the first day of school, etc.

http://historyiselementary.blogspot.com/2010/09/wordless-two.html
This website has a great compilation of helpful history trinkets.

http://ushistoryeducatorblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/great-divergence-series.html
This has lots more online content, and technology that could be useful to history teachers.

These websites really helped me get excited about the amazing things that are out there to help us all become a great history teachers.



4 comments:

  1. Cool sites, Erin! I'd type more but I should probably find some of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,
    I don't know what it was, but when I checked out that historyiselementary blog in the TEC lab, the computer said that it had all sorts of malware and other internet evils associated with it. Thought I'd let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cool sites! I even subscribed to one of them...although I don't really know when I'll find the time to actually read it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I love that it has stuff on the first day of school. I've heard a lot about how crucial that day is to set the tone of your classroom. Thanks Erin!

    ReplyDelete